Virat Kohli Award List: Indian captain Virat Kohli is considered to be one of the greatest cricketers of all time. The start cricket news has listed the records, achievements, and awards that Virat Kohli has received.
Virat Kohli records
- On 10 December 2022, Virat Kohli made his 72nd century in the 3rd ODI against Bangladesh and surpassed Ricky Ponting’s 71st century.
- Virat Kohli is the only Indian batsman to have achieved 890 rating points in the ICC ODI rankings. Previously, Sachin Tendulkar had a best score of 887 in 1998.
- Virat Kohli holds the record for having the highest ICC rating points (922) in ICC player ratings for Test batsmen.
- Virat Kohli scored six double centuries as captain in Test matches. He beat cricket legend Brian Lara who had five double centuries as Test captain.
- Virat Kohli has the most 150+ scores as a Test captain – 9 times.
- Virat Kohli became the first player to hit 3 consecutive centuries against two opponents (Antilles and Sri Lanka). Kolhi is India’s most successful ODI captain. Kohli’s success rate is 75.89% as a captain, better than M.S. Dhoni.
- Virat Kohli scored over 20,000 runs averaging over 50 across all formats: Test matches, One Day Internationals, and T-20 matches.
- Rahul Dravid scored 10,000 ODI runs after playing 10 years and 317 days, while Kohli did so by playing just 10 years and 68 days.
- Virat Kohli captained India in 17 T20I bilateral series and won 12 of them. India lost only 2 series under him.
- Virat Kohli becomes the first Indian cricketer to pass 10,000 T20 runs.
- Virat Kohli becomes the first player to be part of 50 wins in each of the three formats. In the second Test match of the IND vs NZ 2021 series, India beat New Zealand by 372 runs under the captaincy of Virat Kohli which is the biggest win in terms of runs in Indian Test history.
- Ricky Ponting (2006, 2007) and Virat Kohli (2017, 2018) are the only cricketers to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy in successive years.
- Virat Kohli becomes the first Indian captain in history to win two boxing day test matches. (AUS vs IND – Melbourne Cricket Ground; SA vs IND at Centurion 2021)
- Virat Kohli took over as Test captain as India finished in 7th place and Virat relinquished the captaincy as India finished in the first place.
- Virat Kohli’s batting record as Test captain: innings: 113; Races: 5,864; Average – 54.80; Hundreds – 20; Fifty – 18.
- Virat Kohli as Captain in International Cricket: Caps – 213; Cattle – 135; Corsican – 12,883; Average – 59.92; Hundreds – 41.
- Virat Kohli received the ICC Men’s Player of the Month award for October following his impressive performance at the 2022 Asia Cup and 2022 ICC T20 World Cup.
Achievements of Virat Kohli as Captain
- Virat Kohli has the best average (over 500 races) as a T20 skipper – 47.6%
- Virat Kohli has the 2nd winning percentage (over 40 games) – 66%
- Virat won the T20I series in South Africa, England, New Zealand, and Australia.
- India’s longest T20I winning streak (Virat as captain) – 10 games
Most Double Centuries by an Indian in Test Cricket
In 2019, Kohli beat the second most centuries by an Indian in Test cricket, surpassing Sachin Tendulkar and Virendra Sehwag. Kohli has 7 centuries in the longest form of the game while Sachin and Sehwag each have 6 double centuries.
Most runs in a single IPL season – 973
Kohli scored 973 runs in the ninth edition of the Indian Premier League to lead the team to the tournament final. During the season, he made four centuries, the most by a player in a season. That year, Kohli propelled India to new heights through his consistent leadership.
Most runs in a calendar year/series
In 2017, Kohli scored 11 centuries in the format and amassed 3,000 runs. As a captain, he led India to great heights, winning every domestic series.
- Most ODI runs in a calendar year by an Indian cricketer – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Highest combined international runs scored in a year by an Indian cricketer – 2818 international runs in 2017
- Second Highest century by an Indian
- Most Test runs in 2018 by any cricketer
- Most ODI runs in 2018 by any cricketer
Milestones reached by Virat Kohli
- Fastest Indian to 1,000, 5,000, 6,000, 7,000, 8,000, 9,000, and 10,000 runs in ODIs
- Indian fastest and second in the world for 10, 15, 20, and 25 centuries in ODIs
- The only batsman in history to reach more than 50 in Tests, ODIs, and T20s at the same time.
- Fastest in the world to reach 30 and 35 centuries in ODIs
- Second fastest in the world to reach 1,000 runs in T20Is
- First Indian cricketer to score three consecutive centuries in ODIs
- Fastest in the world to reach 15,000 international runs
- Fastest batsman to score 17,000 runs in international cricket (363 innings)
- First batsman to reach 6,000 runs in an IPL tournament
- Virat Kohli holds the record for the shortest number of runs (462 runs) to reach 22,000 international runs, followed by Sachin Tendulkar who took 493 runs to achieve this.
- Kohli has scored 23,000 runs in 490 international matches reaching 50+ – the only player to score more than 20,000 runs with 50+. Virat Kohli became the first Indian cricketer to clear 10,000 T20 runs.
- Virat Kohli Award
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year): 2017, 2018
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2012, 2017
- ICC Test Team of the Year: 2017 (Captain)
- Padma Shri: 2017
- ICC ODI Team of the Year: 2012, 2014, 2016 (captain), 2017 (Captain)
- Arjuna Prize: 2013
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna: 2018
- Sir Garfield Sobers ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Decade (2010-2020)